Nine characteristics and application scope of POM
Nine characteristics and applications of POM:
(1) It is not necessary to dry the POM before processing, and it is best to preheat it during the processing (about 80 ° C), which is good for the stability of the product size.
(2) The processing temperature of POM is very narrow (0 ～ 215 ℃), and it will decompose when it stays in the barrel for a long time or the temperature exceeds 220 ℃, which will produce strong formaldehyde gas.
(3) The holding pressure should be larger (similar to the injection pressure) during injection of POM material to reduce the pressure drop. The screw speed must not be too high and the residual amount should be small;
(4) POM products have a large shrinkage rate and are prone to shrinkage or deformation. POM has a large specific heat and a high mold temperature (80-100 ° C). It is very hot when the product is demolded, and it is necessary to prevent scalding of fingers.
(5) POM should be processed under the conditions of "medium pressure, medium speed, low material temperature, and high mold temperature". Controlling the mold temperature is required when forming precision products.
(6) High mechanical strength and rigidity
(7) Highest fatigue strength
(8) Good environmental resistance and resistance to organic solvents
(9) Strong resistance to repeated impact, good electrical properties, good resilience, self-lubrication, good wear resistance, and excellent dimensional stability. It is widely used in automobiles, machine tools, instrument internals, bearings, fasteners, Gears, springs, pipes, conveyor belt accessories, electric kettles, pump casings, drainers, faucets, etc. can replace most non-ferrous metals